Saturday, September 17, 2011

What are people thinking?

Here are some random things that I've been thinking about lately:


When someone tells you that they have a very high threshold for pain, kick them as hard as you can on their shinbone and note the reaction. It's a good way to weed out the liars from your life. 
Why do people feel the need to mention their particular threshold for pain? Do they think it makes them a member of some kind of super human sub-race? I swear, I've had three people tell me about their fancy schmancy, high falutin' tolerance for pain in the last month and I'm damn sick of it. I KNOW none of the people who said that to me have even the slightest tolerance for any kind of pain. It's just ridiculous. And it's been bothering me. I feel better just writing that down. Next time I see them I'm going to monkey bite each of the high pain tolerator's right inside their inner arm flesh.  You know who has a high tolerance for a pain? People that don't talk about it.  It's like bragging about being ambidextrous. Who gives a crap? Big deal you can write with both hands. Cure cancer, then I'll be impressed. I find it odd that some folks just like to brag about themselves in bizarre ways. Is it for attention? Do they want to possess a certain stature in society? Like, "I'm so frigging superior that I can take a bullet to the chest, while simultaneously writing a page from Shakespeare with both hands. Oh, and I'm double jointed".   


I just started taking an online writing class, which is proving to be a lot of fun (and duh, educational). However, there is one smarty pants in the class, who actually bragged that he is naturally skilled in every aspect of writing. He wrote that. It made me want to email him and say, "Really? Then why the hell are you here genius??"  Maybe he didn't mean it that way and it was just the way he wrote it that made him sound like a bragging jackass. Maybe I should feel sorry for him because he lacks the ability to properly express himself through words. Maybe I shouldn't concern myself with stupid stuff like this and I'd get a lot more work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment